We’re on the lookout for a strong Salon Manager to join our award-winning, fun and creative salon team in the center of Brighton. As the Salon Manager you hold the most vital position in the salon and require fantastic people management skills. You must always set a good example and have the company’s best interest at heart! As a company we are totally committed to training and developing our team. Interested? Apply today!
Who are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a Managerial role (ideally within the hair or beauty industry)
- Strong people management skills
- A confident, creative, smiley and motivational person
- Highly organised, who can work both independently and part of a team
Salon Manager Job Description
· Delegate but never abdicate your responsibility. Always make sure to follow up when delegating.
· Lead by example with your own smartness, punctuality, honesty and efficiency at all times. You must be a strategic thinker and planner.
· You must be aware, at all times, of the position that you hold and conduct yourself in a suitable manner.
· Be a confident and persuasive leader, and inspire and motivate your salon team.
· Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
· Coach, mentor and develop staff, including providing career development, planning and opportunities.
· To monitor the salon education.
· Create a positive, open and responsive working environment.
· To be 100% supportive of the company.
· Work with head office staff to recruit, interview, select, hire and employ an appropriate number of employees.
· To organise client marketing with the Marketing Manager.
· Required to attend and present at management meetings.
· To update the Managing Director on a weekly basis.
- Optimum customer service.
· To deal with customer complaints fairly and keep a concise record of this.
· Maintain a good relationship with the landlord.
· Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Salon Team Responsibilities
· To hold regular team meetings, including departmental and management.
· To carry out appraisals and reviews in accordance with the company procedure.
· To set and review team targets on a 6 monthly basis.
· Communicate to all individuals their takings on a weekly basis.
· To monitor the time keeping of all team members and take the necessary action if there are issues. This includes time keeping.
· To deal with all team issues promptly, efficiently and to inform senior management of any issues if necessary.
· To ensure that each team member is presentable to the public, in accordance with a high quality hairdressing salon.
· To keep the team up to date on the company.
· To make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
· To ensure that all the necessary financial controls are in place to enable the efficient running of the salon and to monitor all salon expenditure.
· To maximise the profitability of the salon including closely monitoring the costs.
· To participate in forecast budget meetings and agree budgets.
· To develop and run the salon in line with the pre agreed targets and budgets.
· To ensure budgets are maintained.
· To ensure security of the premises, cash and valuables.
· To ensure the smooth running of the salon.
· To keep all management and salon records up to date.
· To ensure there is a member of the management team on every shift.
· To ensure your holidays are approved by the Managing Director and do not clash with your management team.
· In the case of sickness/ absence to arrange suitable cover if necessary and inform the Managing Director.
· To phase the team holidays over the full year to ensure the disruption to the salon is minimal in accordance with the company holiday procedure.
· To inform the payroll/personnel departments of any changes to the team. This includes changes of home addresses and bank details.
· To ensure all team have an induction on their first day of work using the company induction form.
· To ensure that all team have an up to date contract and job description, a full understanding of their job and perform that role to the best of their ability.
· To oversee all the rotas are correct and that staffing levels are well structured.
· To ensure maximum appointments with each team member
· To ensure a high quality of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the salon, staff areas, storage areas and offices.
· To ensure that correct client data is taken and used in accordance with the data protection act.
· To ensure that all the computer equipment is maintained and the system is backed up every night.
- Health & Safety
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Store discount
- Day shift
|Job Category||Salon Manager|